Serena Williams has had an amazing 2012, no matter how you slice it. To celebrate her huge year and recent WTA Championships title, we’re giving you a chance to get your hands on two jumbo posters from her 2012 wins at Wimbledon & The US Open. The giveaway starts this Tuesday, October 30th at 9am via Wilson’s Twitter and entry is simple. Just follow @wilsontennis on Twitter and tweet “@wilsontennis I wanna win @serenawilliams #tennis posters”. The giveaway runs until midnight on October 31st. Good luck and happy tweeting.
(See below for rules and legal mumbo jumbo.)
Terms & Conditions
Official Rules for the Win Serena Posters Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Win Serena Posters Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States and are at least thirteen (13) years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older. Employees, officers, directors, and agents of Wilson Sporting Goods Co., its affiliates or subsidiaries or other companies associated with the Promotion, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter. Each prize winner is only eligible to win one prize during the Promotion. Subsequent entries by a prize winner will be disqualified.
2. Sponsor: The Promotion is sponsored by Wilson Sporting Goods Co., 8750 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Chicago, IL60631(“Sponsor”). Twitter is not affiliated with this Promotion.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Promotion, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Promotion begins at 9 a.m. CT on October 30th 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on October 31, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
5. How to Enter: To enter the Promotion: (1) follow @wilsontennis and send the following tweet from your Twitter account during the Entry Period in order to receive one (1) entry: “@wilsontennis I wanna win @serenawilliams #tennis posters” or (2) visit http://www.wilson.com/en-us/forms/tennis-contest/ and complete the Promotion entry form, including submitting your name, address, email address and other required information. By entering, you and/or your parent or legal guardian acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements.
Entries including any obscene, foul, defamatory, or inappropriate language, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/Twitter account. Duplicate Entries will not be acknowledged. If you post updates to or receive updates from Twitter via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless service provider for more information. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter or Email account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter or Email accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, may void all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
For purposes of these Official Rules, “receipt” of an email entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information upon clicking the “Submit Entry” or “Accept” button. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of email) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an email entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any Twitter entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter user name used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsors and Administrators with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address or Twitter account associated with the winning entry.
6. Drawings: Following the Entry Period (on or about Thursday November 1, 2012 respectively), Sponsor will select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the entry period. Odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: After each Drawing, Sponsor will send a tweet announcing the potential winners; and send each potential winner either: (i) a direct message from @wilsontennis to the potential winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Promotion or (ii) an email to the potential winner’s email account used to enter the Promotion with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @wilsontennis and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the tweet/direct message within five (5) business days after Sponsor sent the direct message, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the same Week. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”). If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received during the relevant Week.
8. Prizes: A maximum of (one) 1 grand prize winner will receive one (1) Serena Williams US Open champion poster and one (1) Serena Williams Wimbledon Champion poster. Prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or other substitution; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for taxes any and all other costs and expenses not listed above.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Promotion is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Promotion, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Illinois. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
13. Winners List: The name of the prize winners (if any) may be obtained 30 days after close and no later than December 31, 2012 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Wilson Sporting Goods Co. “Win Serena Posters ATTN: Racquet Sports, 8750 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Chicago, IL60631.