- At 20 years old, Margarita Gasparyan wins her first WTA Tour title today in Baku. #TeamWilson #BurnTheBaseline http://t.co/Zu6671kLUp tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @ReillyOpelka: Taking over the @WilsonTennis snapchat account tmrw from Kalamazoo!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 tweeted 5 days ago
- We sat down with @GrigorDimitrov to collect his thoughts on the playtest experience. See what he had to say on.fb.me/1KuoMSp tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @Madison_Keys: I'm taking over @WilsonTennis snapchat tomorrow!! So go follow them on snapchat 😝 tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @tennis_jarkag: Another day,another morning practice before our match in Sacramento. @WorldTeamTennis @WilsonTennis @EleVenbyVenus http:… tweeted 1 week ago
Share this blog
Kei Nishikori continues to lift Japan tennis to new heights.
This time he wins three consecutive matches to bring Japan to its first appearance in the Davis Cup quarterfinals.
We caught up with the champ and here is what he had to say.
What does it mean to you to bring Japan to its 1st Davis Cup quarterfinals?
It’s an amazing feeling. Japan Tennis is really improving and I am happy to see tennis grow in Japan like this.
You don’t play doubles very often, what was it like playing doubles with
It was a new experience. To be honest, I played very well in the doubles. I was very happy with that result.
You played 3 matches during this tie, Do you have a tip for kids when they have to play multiple matches in a day during jr. tournaments?
It’s always tough to play back to back.
I take very serious my warm up, cool down, etc. and always make sure you are prepared well.
To keep up with the latest on Kei Nishikori go to http://www.facebook.com/keinishikori or follow him on Twitter @keinishikori
2013 will go down as one of the greatest seasons in the open era of professional tennis by Wilson Blade player Serena Williams. In her 18th year as a professional tennis player, the only tennis player male or female to have won the Golden Slam in both singles and doubles, continues to dominate and add a multitude of highlights and accomplishments to her illustrious career.
She finished the year as the #1 player in the world 11 years after she became #1 in the world for the first time! She won half of the Grand Slams (US & French) bringing her Grand Slam Singles Title total to 17, matching Roger Federer. She won 11 tournament titles, bringing her career total to 57 and she holds the most singles, doubles and mixed major titles of any active male or female player in the game.
In the history of the open era of tennis, only Martina Navratilova and Steffi Graf have had seasons that equaled Serena’s 2013. By winning her 4th year-end championship, Serena became the only the 4th player do so and has the winningest match percentage of any player in the history of the sport for year-end championships.
“I am so blessed to have had the year I had in 2013,” said Williams. “I also want to thank the team at Wilson for their support. Wilson makes the best rackets which has allowed me to do what I need to do to succeed.”
Serena has now won the second most hard court matches of any player in the history of tennis and has the second highest percent of grass court wins. Her 2013 match record was 78 – 4 and she had a 15-match win streak leading into the WTA Championships. She has now won more prize money than any female player in the history of the game at over $50,000,000 and her 2013 winnings of $12,385,572 was a new record as well.
“Serena Williams is going to go down as one of the greatest if not the greatest female player of all time.“ stated Wilson General Manager, Jon Muir. “With 17 Grand Slam Singles Titles, Serena is one slam away from becoming the #2 all time Grand Slam Singles record holder in the open era. We are extremely proud of what she continues to accomplish and will continue to innovate to support her in every way. It has been a tremendous partnership.”
The Wilson Blade was designed for hard-hitting, aggressive players. It’s a control racket for the modern, aggressive game and upgraded with Amplifeel for enhanced feel and a new construction for increased performance. As the choice of many tour and Next Gen players, the Blade is the future of control.
I will admit that I was a little hesitant using the blade at first, considering that I am really in love with my Six One tour blx it took a little getting use to. But a few things I picked up immediately when using it was the defiant gain in spin. I am not a player that usually uses a lot of spin, but even with my eastern forehand, the ball was definitely dropping in the back of the court with a lot more spin. Also I immediately gained a lot of confidence on my one hand backhand with the extra net clearance and with a really crisp feel that the racquet brings. Will more playing with the racquet I grew to love it more and more and now I love grabbing it out of my bag and using it more and more.
After playing with it more I was amazed at some of the balls that were landing in because of the crazy spin that came off of the racquet. And the really nice thing was that I was able to produce a great deal of spin and I never felt like it compromised any of the classic great blade feel.
Other things that I really liked about the Blade 98s was my slice (especially on the backhand side) and volleys. I felt that I could always get my slices deep and I had no trouble playing at the net because of the racquet’s great maneuverability. My favorite shot with the racquet I would have to say for sure was my serve. Every serve I hit with the Blade 98s felt great and I had no problems aiming exactly where I wanted to with it. I hit a pretty mean slice serve out wide from the ad side of the court and I had continued success with my favorite shot with this racquet.
WTA World #1 Serena Williams wins her 17th Grand Slam title, defeating fellow Wilson player Victoria Azarenka 7-5 6-7 6-1 for the US Open title. The defending US Open champ was in control with her Wilson Blade tennis racket throughout the tournament, only dropping one set en route to the title.
“I love New York!” said Serena Williams. “I love the crowd and support here at home. Wilson has been with me every step of the way and it’s a great feeling to know I have the right racket in my hand to play my best tennis.”
Williams has been on a dominant World #1 in 2013, starting the season 26-0, marking the best start to a season since 1997 (Hingis), winning her second French Open Singles title, seven WTA titles and her fifth US Open title.
“Serena continues to leave her mark on the game,” stated Wilson General Manager, Jon Muir. “All of us at Wilson continue to be proud of Serena and her ongoing career achievements on the court.”
Wilson Blade was designed for hard hitting, aggressive players. It’s a control racket for the modern, aggressive game and upgraded with Amplifeel for enhanced feel and a new construction for increased performance. As the choice of many tour and Next Gen players, the Blade is the future of control.
For more on the Wilson Blade: http://www.wilson.com/en-us/tennis/rackets
This week we are giving you a chance to win one our new #spineffect racket. To enter simply head to twitter and tweet, “RT Be the 1st to shred the competition with our new #spineffect racket, RT to enter!”
Check the rules below for more details or drop us a line @WilsonTennis.
Terms & Conditions
Official Rules for the “Win, Spin, and Shred” Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The “Win, Spin, and Shred” giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States, Canada (exclusing Quebec), Spain, & Mexico who are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older. Employees, officers, directors, and agents of Wilson Sporting Goods Co., its affiliates or subsidiaries or other companies associated with the Promotion, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Promotion is sponsored by Wilson Sporting Goods Co., 8750 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Chicago, IL 60631(“Sponsor”). Twitter is not affiliated with this Promotion.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Promotion, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. CT on August 26th, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on September 1st, 2014 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
5. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter the Promotion: (1) in order to receive one (1) entry, follow @WilsonTennis (http://www.twitter.com/wilsontennis) on Twitter and post the following Tweet from your Twitter account “RT Be the 1st to shred the competition with our new #spineffect racket, RT to enter!” or (2) visit http://www.wilson.com/en-us/forms/tennis-contest/ and complete an online entry form. Incomplete or inaccurate entry forms are void. Follow the instructions to complete the Promotion entry form, including submitting your name, address, email address and other required information. By entering, you and/or your parent or legal guardian acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. Both methods of entry have the same chance of winning.
Entries including any obscene, foul, defamatory, or inappropriate language, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/Twitter or Email account. Duplicate entries will not be acknowledged. If you post updates to or receive updates from Twitter via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless service provider for more information. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter or Email account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter or Email accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, may void all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
For purposes of these Official Rules, “receipt” of an email entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information upon clicking the “Submit Entry” or “Accept” button. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of email) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an email entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any Twitter entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter user name used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsors and Administrators with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address or Twitter account associated with the winning entry.
6. Drawings: Following the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. If there are no eligible entries received during any Day during the Entry Period, no prizes will be awarded.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: After the Drawing, Sponsor will send a tweet announcing the potential winner; and send the potential winner either: (i) a direct message from @wilsontennis to the potential winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Promotion or (ii) an email to the potential winner’s email account used to enter the Promotion with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @wilsontennis and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the tweet/direct message within five (5) business days after Sponsor sent the direct message, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”). If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received during. If potential winner resides in Canada, he/she will be required to correctly answer a question of mathematical skill before the prize will be awarded.
8. Prizes: A maximum of one (1) winner will receive one (1) Spin Effect racket. ARP of prize is $219 USD.
Prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or other substitution; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for taxes any and all other costs and expenses not listed above.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Promotion is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Promotion, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Illinois. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
13. Winners List: The name of the prize winner (if any) may be obtained 30 days after close and no later than September 15th, 2014 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Wilson Sporting Goods Co. “Win, Spin, and Shred” ATTN: Racquet Sports, 8750 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Chicago, IL 60631.
BASES DEL SORTEO WILSON – FELICIANO LÓPEZ “WIN MY KICKS”
AMER SPORTS SPAIN S.A.U (en adelante AMER) con domicilio en Parque de Negocios el Mas Blau II , calle Conca de Barberà, 4-6, 08820, El Prat de Llobregat (Barcelona), y provista de CIF número A-58644303, como propietaria de la marca deportiva WILSON realizara un CONCURSO de ámbito nacional, en las que se podrá optar a ganar un pack de producto Wilson en las condiciones pactadas en las siguientes bases.
Los premios del sorteo se adjudicaran con arreglo a las siguientes BASES:
PRIMERA.- ORGANIZACIÓN Y OBJETO DEL CONCURSO
El presente sorteo estará organizado por AMER SPORTS SPAIN S.A.U. y se llevara a cabo entre todos los participantes que participen en el CONCURSO que se llevará a cabo en el Twitter oficial de Wilson Tenis España (@WilsonTenisEsp) entre el 26 de agosto de 2014 a las 12:00 a.m. CT y el 1 de septiembre de 2014 a las 11:59 p.m. CT
La participación en el sorteo presupone la aceptación integra de todas las clausulas contenidas en las presentas bases, y la autorización para publicar el nombre y las fotografías de los ganadores mediante los medios que AMER estime convenientes, tales como prensa, paginas web, Facebook, Twitter y otros, respetando en todo caso las disposiciones legales vigentes.
El objeto del sorteo será una racqueta Spin Effect valoradas en 164€.
SEGUNDA.- AMBITO TERRITORIAL Y TEMPORAL.
El ámbito territorial del presente sorteo es el territorio Estados Unidos, Canadá (excepto, Quebec), España y Méjico
Se podrá participar durante los días 26 de agosto al 1 septiembre de 2014 a través del Twitter oficial de Wilson Tenis (@WilsonTennis) o de la página oficial de Wilson (http://www.wilson.com/en-us/forms/tennis-contest/)
AMER se reserva el derecho a suspender, aplazar, cancelar o modificar la duración de la promoción en cualquier momento anterior a su finalización, siempre que existan causas que así lo justifiquen.
TERCERA.- MECÁNICA DEL CONCURSO
El sorteo se va a focalizar vía TWITTER y página web de Wilson, y para poder participar en el sorteo los participantes deben:
- Hacerse follower de @WilsonTennis
- Hacer un retweet “RT Be the 1st to shred the competition with our new #spineffect racket, RT to enter!”
- Formularios de inscripción incompletos o inexactos serán nulos.
- DURACIÓN DEL SORTEO: 26 de agosto de 2014 a las 12:00 a.m. CT y el 1 de septiembre de 2014 a las 11:59 p.m. CT
Se realizará un sorteo al azar, mediante el se obtendrá un (1) ganador. Las posibilidades de ser seleccionado dependerán del número de participantes.
Se contactará con el ganador vía mensaje directo en Twitter (para ello es necesario que sea seguidor de @WilsonTennis y configurar la cuenta como “desprotegido” o “público”) o mediante el correo electrónico que haya facilitado en la inscripción. Si el ganador no cumple con la normativa o no responde en el plazo de 5 días hábiles desde que se comunica el ganador, el Patrocinador podrá seleccionar un nuevo ganador entre los participantes restantes. En este sentido, será imprescindible que el ganador manifieste su aceptación al premio de un modo AMER pueda tener constancia de ello.
AMER se reserva la potestad de cambiar la fecha y la modalidad del sorteo por causa debidamente justificada, comunicándolo con antelación por cualquier medio fehaciente.
Podrán participar en el sorteo todas las personas físicas residentes en España mayores de edad. En caso de que un menor de 18 años resulte ganador del sorteo, se requerirá la aceptación de sus padres/tutores para poder gozar del premio. En caso contrario, deberá ceder al premio al primer reserva.
Todos los datos introducidos por el participante deberán ser veraces, pudiendo ser contrastados en todo momento por la organización del sorteo.
En el supuesto de que el participante hubiera facilitado datos falsos o de otra persona, su participación no será tenida en cuenta, quedando a tales efectos excluido de la promoción y de la posibilidad de optar a premio alguno.
No podrán participar en el sorteo aquellas personas que se encuentren vinculadas mediante relación laboral a AMER SPORTS SPAIN S.A.U, ni a empresas o entidades vinculadas directa o indirectamente con el sorteo, con los premios a entregar, así como tampoco los familiares directos de estos. El incumplimiento de esta base, supondrá la perdida del premio obtenido.
Las persona que resulte ganadora en el presente sorteo, se les otorgará el premio consistente en una racquet Spin Effect valoradas en €164.
En caso que por cualquier circunstancia el premiado no pudiese o quisiese aceptar el premio o renunciase al mismo, AMER podría proceder a repetir el sorteo y elegir otro ganador. En caso que el siguiente ganador a su vez no aceptasen o renunciasen al premio, éste podrá ser declarado desierto, pudiendo volverlo a sortear en el momento en que AMER lo decida.
La renuncia al premio no dará lugar a ningún tipo de indemnización o contraprestación.
El premio objeto del presente sorteo, en ningún caso podrá ser objeto de cambio, alteración, compensación o cesión a petición del ganador, debiendo disfrutarse en los días señalados a tales efectos.
AMER se reserva el derecho de hacer cambios en los modelos del premio objeto del producto dependiendo de las limitaciones de stock e otros condicionantes.
SEPTIMA.- ACEPTACION DE LAS BASES
El participante en el presente sorteo acepta expresamente las presentes bases del sorteo.
El incumplimiento de alguna de las bases dará lugar a la exclusión del usuario del presente sorteo.
En caso de existir dudas o discrepancias sobre la interpretación de las presentes bases, en todo caso prevalecerá en criterio de AMER.
Excepcionalmente y por motivos debidamente justificados, AMER podrá modificar las presentes bases una vez empezado el sorteo.
AMER SPORTS se reserva el derecho a suspender, o cancelar el presente sorteo, en cualquier momento, en casos de fuerza mayor, por caso fortuito o por cualquier otra causa justificada que así lo aconseje, sin que de ello se derive para los participantes, derecho alguno a percibir indemnización alguna por parte de AMER.
Los premiados eximen a AMER de cualquier responsabilidad derivada de cualquier daño y/o perjuicio que pudieran sufrir durante la entrega y disfrute del premio.
AMER SPORTS declina cualquier responsabilidad por daños y perjuicios de toda naturaleza que pueda deberse a la falta temporal de disponibilidad, de continuidad, funcionamiento, acceso a la pagina web del concurso.
NOVENA.- PROTECCION DE DATOS PERSONALES.
De conformidad con lo dispuesto en la ley Orgánica 15/1999 de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal, y en la Ley 34/2002 de Servicios de la sociedad de la información, los datos personales recabados formaran parte de una base de datos, incluida en un fichero inscrito en el Registro General de Protección de Datos titularidad de AMER SPORTS SPAIN S.A.U. Dichos datos serán tratados con las siguientes finalidades:
. Gestionar la participación en el sorteo, publicar el resultado y ponerse en contacto con el mismo en caso de resultar ganador o suplente en la forma prevista en las presentes bases.
. Conocer las preferencias de los participantes en referencia a los productos de las marcas gestionadas por AMER SPORTS tales como Wilson.
. Informar sobre nuevas actividades, productos i servicios que realice AMER SPORTS y las marcas que esta gestiona.
AMER dispone de las medidas necesarias para garantizar la seguridad y confidencialidad de estos datos.
Los participantes pueden ejercitar sus derechos de Acceso, Rectificación, Cancelación y Oposición, mediante correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org o mediante petición escrita aportando fotocopia de DNI dirigida a AMER SPORTS SPAIN S.A.U, Parque de Negocios el Mas Blau II , calle Conca de Barberà, 4-6, 08820, El Prat de Llobregat (Barcelona)
DÉCIMA.- DERECHOS DE IMAGEN.
Los ganadores del sorteo, autorizan a la organizadora del sorteo a reproducir, utilizar y difundir su nombre, apellidos, imagen y voz en cualquier actividad publicitaria y/o promocional que este relacionada con el presente sorteo, todo ello en cualquier medio incluido internet, sin que dicha actividades les confieren derecho de remuneración o beneficio alguno con excepción de la entrega del premio conforme a las presentes bases.
Los participantes pueden mandar un correo electrónico ainformation.WilsonSpain@amersports.com, para aclarar sus dudas en referencia al presente sorteo.
DUODÉCIMA.- DEPÓSITO DE LAS BASES
Las presentes bases quedan depositadas delante de un abogado del Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona, y pueden ser consultadas durante la vigencia del sorteo en la página web: http://www.wilson.com/en-us/forms/tennis-contest y en las oficinas de Racquet Sports, 8750 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Chicago, IL 60631.
TRIGESIMA.- JURISDICCION Y COMPETENCIA.
Cualquier causa de litigio que pudiere surgir del presente sorteo se regirá por la legislación Española. A tales efectos tanto AMER como los participantes, se someten expresamente a la jurisdicción y competencia de los Tribunales de la ciudad de Barcelona, con renuncia expresa al fuero que pudiere corresponderles, excepto que la Ley impusiera otro distinto.
Chicago a 24 de Agosto de 2014.
I had the best time at the Wilson commercial shoot and I am so thankful to have the opportunity to meet Serena Williams. Serena is truly an inspiration to women’s tennis and has transformed the game. From her fierce mentality to her powerful groundstrokes she is the best on the women’s circuit.
I’ll admit, before the commercial I was a bit nervous to meet Serena. Who wouldn’t be? She has won 16 grand slams and they keep on coming. When Serena arrived at the shoot she had her Jack Russell terrier in her bag, which I thought was really cute, since I have a Jack Russell of my own! Serena immediately introduced herself and made everyone feel very comfortable. She asked questions like “How long have you been playing tennis?” and, “What are you looking to do with your tennis?” She made the conversation personal, which I thought was nice. The whole time we were shooting, on breaks Serena would do practice swings and perform tricks with the ball. That just shows her love and passion for the game.
I am so lucky to have the opportunity to personally meet Serena Williams. The commercial shoot will always be a part of me and I will always be able to say, “I got to spin my racket with Serena Williams.”
– Morgan Cooley
By: Morgan Cooley